• If this is your first visit to the iboats.com Boating Forums, be sure to check out the FAQ. To post a question or comment, begin by signing up. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.

Where to buy trailer tires locally?

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Where to buy trailer tires locally?

Where is the best place to buy 12" tires for a small boat trailer locally to avoid the shipping cost? Lowes had them but only 5 lugs. I need the ones with 4 holes. Just fixed up this trailer and the tires are cracked, wheels rusty.
    Any of the car tire places have them? Would even buy together with the wheels if reasonably priced.

Re: Where to buy trailer tires locally?

tractor supply, harbor freight, and our super walmart have them.
    2011 crestliner superhawk 1700 with a merc 115 EFI fourstroke

Comment

Hi halas - You can get the tire/rim combo at Walmart. I picked two 4-hole tires/wheels there a couple of years back for around $100. I live in VA, but I'm pretty sure all Walmarts will have them.
      Bob Porter
      You can light a man a fire and keep him warm for the night, but if you light a man afire you keep him warm for the rest of his life.

My MFG Westfield Restoration...In Progress.
      http://forums.iboats.com/showthread.php?t=260559

My Atlas (Gale) 5hp Restoration...also in progress.
      http://forums.iboats.com/showthread.php?t=309797

My Small Trailer Rebuild...Almost Done
      http://forums.iboats.com/showthread.php?t=354218

sigpic

Comment

Northern tool sells them as well!

TC
        Last edited by seaman campbell; March 2nd, 2009, 11:56 AM. Reason: Spelling Error
        1971 Glastron V163 Bayflite
        1989 Force 125 hp 1254X9B

sigpic

A Bad Day on the Water is Better than a Good Day at Work!!

Comment

Where is locally? I get mine at trailer shop. Prices aren't bad either.
          "A manual is a cheap investment"
          Fair Winds and Following Seas
          Bill
          PTC USN ret

Comment

If you have a farm store in the area, they will have them and usually at better prices than even WalMart. They will also stock just the wheels, tires, or the combo all mounted and ready to go.

Comment

as already mentioned, tractor supply, northern tool, Fleet farm etc.
              '68 Alumacraft FD, '65 Johnson 6HP "The Sea Monkey"

Comment

This place isn't bad to buy stuff for trailers

http://shop.easternmarine.com/

Comment

i buy from my local tire dealer, then i get free service, for flats, etc, also free balancing. always balance your trailer tires, cuts vibration, bearings last longer as doe the tread.
                  FLORIDA GATORS
                  TEBOW Country

Please, NO PM's (Private Messages) regarding boat/engine problems. they will not be answered.
                  That is what these forums are for. Post your questions, in the appropriate Forum.

Comment

Menards is where I bought mine. In the few months since then the prices have jumped quite a bit.

Comment

Pep Boys, Sears, Walmart, KMart.
                      -Bob-

---------------------------------------------

2005 Larson Senza 206: "Annabo"

Comment

Can't answer the locally part since I don't have the first clue what part of the world you're in. But, aside from the other popular responses, I've bought many tires from Rusty' Bore's Tire Store for my tractors which includes 12"ers. The last pair was 5.10x12 and good for almost 1200# each.
                        http://stores.shop.ebay.com/Rustybor...__W0QQ_armrsZ1
                        sigpic
                        Nothing is so broken that Government can't make it worse.

Comment

Thanks for the great suggestions.
                          I am in Cleveland Ohio and got a pair of wheels at the Sup. Walmt. "CARLISLE" tires/white wheels 5.30 - 12 size.
                          $60 each. (slightly smaller outside diameter than existing old wheels on trailer)
                          Rated each 855 pound capacity 1700 lb total at (55 PSI) cold pressure.
                          Since my whole rig with trailer only weighs under 800lbs. I thought I use lower tire pressure maybe 45 PSI.
                          Is that a good idea?

Comment

Originally posted by halas View Post
                            Thanks for the great suggestions.
                            I am in Cleveland Ohio and got a pair of wheels at the Sup. Walmt. "CARLISLE" tires/white wheels 5.30 - 12 size.
                            $60 each. (slightly smaller outside diameter than existing old wheels on trailer)
                            Rated each 855 pound capacity 1700 lb total at (55 PSI) cold pressure.
                            Since my whole rig with trailer only weighs under 800lbs. I thought I use lower tire pressure maybe 45 PSI.
                            Is that a good idea?
                            No, leave them at 55 PSI for the least rolling resistance, unless you get too much bouncing.
                            Bob, Orange County NY
                            '88 Bayliner 1700 Capri Bowrider, 85 HP Force O/B, "Sea Weasel"
                            Want a vessel safety check? Click here. Want to join the Coast Guard Auxiliary? Click here.
                            Disclaimer: Although I am a member of the USCG Auxiliary, the opinions and advice in my replies are my own and do not necessarily reflect CG or CG Auxiliary policy or regulations unless so specified.

Comment

You're in Westlake ohio, I grew up there. Live in Elyria now, Call Tractor
                              supply in Amherst, Just out west on I-90 at the route 58 exit.

(didn't read all posts befere replying, glad you found them)
                              Last edited by stevenj; March 2nd, 2009, 06:28 PM. Reason: oops
                              The Miss Julia Ann
                              1987 Starcraft , 3.0 liter, Alpha 1
                              Transom assy S# OB617581
                              Drive S# OB607658
                              Engine S# B524040

Comment

Working...
                              X