Cox Trailer ID Tag

tompegm

Recruit
I have a Cox Super Loader Tandom Boat Trailer does anyone know where the I.D. or Name Tag would be found on this trailer? I don't know what the year is all I know is it came with a 1983 Pro Line I bought. Thanks for your time, Tom.

reelfishin

Captain
Re: Cox Trailer ID Tag

I have a small single axle Cox trailer from about the mid 80's and the spec tag and serial number was on the left side of the tongue just behind the hitch coupler. It has name badges all over it, they wanted the brand name to be visible I guess.

tompegm

Recruit

Thanks mine is the same name tags everywhere and a spot on the tongue behind the coupler that looks like it had a stick on tag which apparently wasn't as good as the name tags.

reelfishin

Captain

Someone probably removed the tag and registered it as home made.
In a state where trailers aren't titled, its easier to make all trailers as home made and avoid having a trailer tag that is trailer specific. If all of your trailers are registered as home made, then it makes no difference which tag is on which trailer so long as you have the right number of axles on the registration.

Once that foil decal is gone, its just another trailer, with no history.

Trailer companies also tend to put the ID tag right where items like the winch stand and trailer jack will mount, so it doesn't stand much of a chance either way.