Need KeelGuard but have Roll-on Trailer

tytoolbelt

Cadet
I recently found out I am the type of guy that needs a keel guard on my 19' fiberglass V-Hull. After reading the keel guard product description I see that the guard should not lay on my rollers. There is really only one roller it would be laying on (forward most roller) and I'm wondering if anyone has any sollutions to this. I was thinking about moving that roller a little forward so it doesn't rest on it but still makes contact when backing down and loading the boat.

Thoughts?

blueoval1

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Re: Need KeelGuard but have Roll-on Trailer

I don't see where you would have a problem. I have had a keelguard on my boat for 2 yrs now. It runs across a centering roller every time it is loaded/unloaded. Hasn't affected it in the least:).

tytoolbelt

Cadet

Good news, but does the keel guard actually rest on the center roller when it's on the trailer? Thanks...

blueoval1

Petty Officer 2nd Class

Yes , about 4" of it is past the keel roller so it sits right on the guard. So far so good. I went out and checked it to see for sure and everything is still good. Just make sure you follow the directions precisely. Prep is all the difference of it adhearing well or not.

Splat

Lieutenant

Likewise mine is also about 4" past the roller. No problems and it's been on there for years.

Bill

tytoolbelt

Cadet

Great! Thanks guys. I will be sure to follow the instructions. Now (totally unrelated) all I need to do is get that oxidation out and buff that incognito paint and I'll have a beautiful looking boat. I plan on using 3M products and wet sanding. I can't wait to see the results. I'll post pics of before and after.