Nanco tires

suparslinc

Cadet
Have a 21' Wellcraft cuddy and a tandem axle trailer. Recently had a blow out on the old Marathons (they were pretty dry rotted) and new need 4 new tires. The old tires were 175/80R13's load rating "C"; does this sound adequate? I know Nanco tires are Chinese, which I'm not real crazy about, but they are significantly cheaper than the Goodyears (which I have heard mixed reviews on). Searched but didn't see a whole lot of reviews, any opinions in these Nanco's?

tashasdaddy

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
Re: Nanco tires

i have always used Carlisle, and Tow Master, never had a problem with them.

suparslinc

Cadet

I went ahead with the Carlisles ordered them today. I know the Nanco's are
Chinese hope Carlisle is American. Only about $7 more a tire so why not go with it.

sickwilly

Lieutenant Junior Grade

Keep hoping-- Carlisle's are Chinese, so are the Goodyear Marathons now. It seem the only American one's I can find are Titans. However, I think I am about to put two Maxxis on mine (after blowing out a Carlisle on the way home Sunday). And, you guessed it, they are also Chinese. Titans I would have to order from a place called tire-easy and they would come from Oregon. I prefer to get them locally in case I have a problem.

I can't really blame Carlisle, I have hit a curb or two with the right tire getting the hand of trailering again, and the right tire is the one that blew out. So I won't bash Carlisle the way you see many people do if you google search on Carlisle tires, but I am going to try the Maxxis instead.

I did have my Carlisle's right at 50 psi cold and checked them religiously.

suparslinc

Cadet

That is unbelievable. Like others have said, good luck with any class-action against a Chinese company if any of these products are inherently flawed. I work in construction and I can tell you that any type of tool you need to depend on sure as hell better not come from China.

204 Escape

Ensign

I put COOPER 8 ply trailer tires on our trailer. BUT, I run COOPER tires on all of my vehicles.

Took the Carliles off the brand new trailer the day I bought them. (I personally thought that they were too light of a tire.)

gstanton

Chief Petty Officer

A better way of beginning a tire discussion, IMHO, is to know that the total weight of the boat, loaded, and the trailer is. Then you can tell what the load range should be. THEN you can get into the politics of who makes what. While I agree that Carlisles and other Chinese brands are inferior, it also depends on how much towing is going to actually be done. 5 miles to the ramp and back , spring and fall, is different than thousands of miles a year.

sickwilly

Lieutenant Junior Grade

Got the Maxxis today -- not Chinease, nope, they are made in Thailand.

Cooper does not make trailer tires anymore.

Gary H NC

Fleet Admiral

Nanco tires suck!! My brand new Travel Trailer had them and all the sidewalls split after 4 months.Even the spare.All were covered up and out of the sun.
Luckily the dealer replaced them all for free.
The Load star tires from Northern Tool have held up great on my boat trailer.
I have used them on 3 boat trailers without one failure.