Picture of old Elgin boat trailer?

Status
Not open for further replies.

serogers1

Recruit
I'm just curious about the year this Elgin boat trailer was made in. I've contacted Sears and gave them the model number 231.68031 and they said their system doesn't go back that far. I believe this trailer was made before 1960, but not really sure. In order to have it registered, I'll just have to say it's a home built trailer. Anyway, I hope the picture helps and any info would be highly appreciated!
Steve

IMGP0004.jpg

woosterken

Lieutenant
Re: Picture of old Elgin boat trailer?

Sero,
check your PM box

woosterken

serogers1

Recruit
Re: Picture of old Elgin boat trailer?

Ken,
I really appreciate your help with solving the year model on this trailer. I'm glad to know it was built in 1961. Thanks and have a great day!
Steve

HMS Guppy

Recruit
Ken, hope you're still active on the forum. Similar to Steve, I have an Elgin trailer Model #231-1003 that I'm trying to date. Retiring soon and moving out of the area (Portland, Oregon), so I need to sell it with the Seaswirl car-topper that sits on it. I'm suspecting it's one of the first models ever manufactured - back in the 50's - by Seaswirl. Anyway, hope you, or someone can help me date the trailer. (Serial #10532) Dating the Seaswirl would be a bonus!

GA_Boater

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
Ken, hope you're still active on the forum. Similar to Steve, I have an Elgin trailer Model #231-1003 that I'm trying to date. Retiring soon and moving out of the area (Portland, Oregon), so I need to sell it with the Seaswirl car-topper that sits on it. I'm suspecting it's one of the first models ever manufactured - back in the 50's - by Seaswirl. Anyway, hope you, or someone can help me date the trailer. (Serial #10532) Dating the Seaswirl would be a bonus!

This is a very old thread. Posting in such an old thread and asking for help from one member is really limiting your chance of success.

Please start a new thread to increase your odds.

Closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.