What do you pull your boat with?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What do you pull your boat with?

Just wondering what you pull your boat with?

I pull my 16' Key West CC with a 2003 Toyota Highlander 2WD V6, class 2 hitch. It has 4 wheel disk brakes. Never had a problem on the road or at the ramp.
    sigpic
    Key West 1520CC
    Yamaha 70 HP/2 Stroke

Re: What do you pull your boat with?

you are fine, i am now towing with a 1986 Astro Van, have towed with a 4 banger Mercury mariner.
    FLORIDA GATORS
    TEBOW Country

Please, NO PM's (Private Messages) regarding boat/engine problems. they will not be answered.
    That is what these forums are for. Post your questions, in the appropriate Forum.

Comment

I'm towing the 180 sea ray with my 2001 chevy blazer 2wd. It has pulled my last two boats with no problem but i am definitly at my max hauling the sea ray.
      1995 Sea Ray 180 Signature
      4.3lx 4brrl (205hp)
      MR.FUNGI

Comment

16' capri cuddy w/ an '04 Rav4. i take it real easy as i pull this boat 110 miles each way. i make a stop or two for coffee just to give the rav a break & try not to tow during the hottest parts of the day. haven't had a problem in the two seasons i've towed but i remain very careful when pulling my set up.

Comment

I pull mine with an 07 Toyota Tacoma V-6, 4WD, with the towing package. Pulls it with no problems at all.
          1996 Crestliner 2160 Phantom, 1996 Evinrude 130 HP
          sigpic

Comment

I will be towing my 4winns santara 210 with a 97 AWD astro. Might end up doing the V8 conversion to get that extra umphh for the hills up here in CT.

Comment

I pull a Glastron 175 with a Toyota Sienna. My boat and motor weigh 1980 lbs. I am towing about 2900 with trailer and stuff. No problems so far.

Comment

I pull my 18ft Rinker Bowrider with my Chevy Silverado 2500HD 6.0 v-8

Comment

I pull our Celebrity 190CX with a '05 Nissan Titan 4x4. The truck has the towing package and is really set-up for pulling our 6000+ lb, '27 travel trailer. Pulling the boat is not a problem .

-RW

Comment

I pull a Seasprite Mark II 19' with a crew cab chevy silverado z71.

Comment

I pull a 24' Splendor deck boat with a 2WD F-150 XLT, with a towing package. I need some new tires soon though, my wheels slip on some ramps when wet.

Comment

First post here, I'll chime in though. I pull our 19' Alumaweld Stryker IB 262 Chevy, w/ SD 309 jet drive with my '06 Dodge 3500 4x4 diesel. No problems at any boat ramps, Coast Range or Cascade Mountains either and I still manage 17 mpg.

Comment

i have a 99 jeep grand cherokee v8 4x4 6k lbs tow package w/front and rear selectable lockers and tow a 18' procraft fish n ski it gets the job done fine.. lockers help on slippery ramps..

Comment

I tow my 1991 Fisher SV18-GT with a 2005 Honda Pilot 3.5 litre V6

Comment

I pull my 19' Bayliner Ski boat, 125hp Force, & Venture roller trailer about 2500lbs with my 2005 Hyundai Tucson LX V6 AWD, Auto, 4WDisc Brakes, 4:40stock factory gearing, with no problem! In fact it tows, & stops, better, with no sway, or fishtailing, then my 96' Sonoma ext. cab 4.3 V6 Auto. 2WD with stock factory 3:08 gears , especially on hills, & curves with no sway or fishtailing up to 70mph at rare times. It got elected by chance, not by choice, because my Sonoma started chattering on the small steep hill entering my community, and could not back my boat up in my slightly sloped driveway to it's spot on the flat ground alongside my house! and the Tucson made it look all too easy It's one tuff little SUV!

Check out #9 here, the Hyundai Elantra, The Tucson is built on this chassis, but it's even better:
                              http://www.edmunds.com/reviews/list/...6/article.html
                              Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                              X