any calkins trailor owners out there ?

canman

Petty Officer 1st Class
hi everyone . i bought this trailor used a couple of weeks ago . i had it sandblasted and i repainted it . any way i loaded my boat on it and it fits pretty good my only problem is i can pick the front of the trailor up with just 2 fingers , i cant pull the boat ahead anymore because the back of the boat is even with the back rollers now . i am thinking whoever owned the trailor before moved the axle ahead, i just dont know how far . does anyone out there own one of these trailors that could measure how far the axle is from the end of the 3 inch square steel frame ? it is a single axle trailor with 14 inch wheels on it . the boat is a 17 foot larson senza bowrider with a 140 horse johnson on it .. thankyou .

tashasdaddy

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
Re: any calkins trailor owners out there ?

look at the side of your trailer, if it is adjustable as in moving the complete under carriage as a unit, it will have holes drilled every 6 inches. a picture of your trailer would really help.

canman

Petty Officer 1st Class

hi everyone . i dont have a camera so i cant take pictures . the only thing i have is 4 u bolts that i can loosen and move the axle forward or back.

tashasdaddy

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

that works, move the axle back 6 inches, and see what you have. also since you have a free floating axle assembly. when resetting the axle, measure from the center of the coupling, to the end of the axles on each end. the measurement has to be accurate, for the trailer to trail correctly, and not eat up your tires.