stoltz "center loader" question

khoonie

Seaman
I have an old Bass tracker v-hull boat and trailer I bought in 1986. I modified the trailer (a bunk trailer) by adding what was then known as a "stoltz center loader". This was a roller similar to what stoltz now calls their "ultimate bow roller", i believe. However the one i added to my trailer was meant to be installed at the back of the trailer at a height which would allow it to "center" the bow keel as it approched the trailer bunks. Once the boat was loaded, the roller was behind the boat keel and no longer contacted the boat.

My question is: These rollers no longer seem to be available and I can't find references to them anywhere. I am wondering if they were taken off the market for some reason. I found these center loaders to be extremely helpful in loading my boat in bad crosswind/current. Has anyone heard of these or have any information about them?

Thanks

khoonie

Seaman
Re: stoltz "center loader" question

Thanks for the info. I have seen these "self-centering" loaders and they are not the same as the one I installed back in 1988 - it was just a wide deep v shape - but i suppose if this new one accomplishes the same objective it would be just fine with me. Is it installed on the tail end of the trailer frame?

tashasdaddy

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

on my larger boat i have the last 2 rollers self centering. do to different ramps and water depth. i like them where when loading that is what the bow hits first. if you last roller is way under water, it does no good till you are 1/2 to 3/4 up the trailer.

here is another style, i prefer the first one. http://www.iboats.com/Seasense_Keel...04922948--**********.013609073--view_id.56131

khoonie

Seaman

Thanks for the recommendations and the links. I think I will try using the two center loaders. The lakes I fish here are very low because of the drought and it has gotton more difficult to load as the incline has decreased. Using two rollers would help with the low water and later (hopefully) when the lakes return to full pool.