1984 single axle Shoreline trailer

Derric

Seaman Apprentice
Does anybody own one of these? If so Im looking for the right seal and bearings. I think the 1st or 2nd owner of this boat either put the wrong seals, inner bearing , or hubs back on I had the hubs off to repack the bearings and replace seals but when I put it back on the seal dont fit the spindle so for the time being I did like they did put some teflon around the spindle. I should habe measured the spindle before I put it back on but didnt have anything to measure with. Anyone with some suggestions please feel free. Thanks!

Silvertip

Supreme Mariner
Re: 1984 single axle Shoreline trailer

Do not use the trailer if you don't have properly fitting bearings. Shorelanders up to about 2500 pounds used 1-1/16 diameter inner and outer bearings. Heavier models use 1-1/6 outer and 1-3/8 inner bearings. They are standard and available almost anywhere that sells boating supplies, including any auto store. Try a local farm store. Even Lowes carries them.

reelfishin

Captain

I own an early 80's Shoreline tandem trailer that uses the larger 1.68" seal surface diameter and 1 1/4' x 3/4" bearings. Its sort of an oddball these days but parts are available.
Either take an inside and outside diameter measurement on the seal and seal surface and go to either your local industrial bearing dealer or even NAPA auto parts, they can look up seals and bearings by size rather than just application or part number.

Derric

Seaman Apprentice

Got her done. The seal #204013 Timken and bearing #67048 for both bearings.