Texas trailer registration question??

Status
Not open for further replies.

chadharper

Recruit
Re: Texas trailer registration question??

Hmmmm....sounds like you may have to register it in Texas and then transfer it over to Florida. Let me look around but some states will issue a trailer title and registration over the mail.

How could I register it without coming to Texas?

'78 Crusader

Chief Petty Officer

How could I register it without coming to Texas?

Oh....I must have overlooked the "Online" purchase of your trailer...my bad. Your statement, in conjunction with a reference that you made a "move", made me assume that you moved from Texas to Florida.

Where's the trailer now? Is it with you in Florida? How did you get it to Florida in the first place if you bought it in Texas?

Either use the website I gave you above or talk nicely to your ex and search for the paperwork. Have you gone to the Florida DMV and tell them your predicament?

chadharper

Recruit

Oh....I must have overlooked the "Online" purchase of your trailer...my bad. Your statement, in conjunction with a reference that you made a "move", made me assume that you moved from Texas to Florida.

Where's the trailer now? Is it with you in Florida? How did you get it to Florida in the first place if you bought it in Texas?

Either use the website I gave you above or talk nicely to your ex and search for the paperwork. Have you gone to the Florida DMV and tell them your predicament?

Never lived in Texas. We bought it at an online auction. I used a transporting company to bring it to Florida. The ex says its not there. I could try to talk to the DMV but I'm sure im going to need proof I bought it. :(

Since Texas doesnt title trailers under a certain weight could I get someone(anyone) who resides in Texas to write me a Bill of Sale on the trailer?

'78 Crusader

Chief Petty Officer

That's fraud brother and no one really would like to get involved with that.

Check out the website above and work it that way. Or just try to register your trailer as a "home built".

NYBo

Admiral

Anyone happen to notice the date this thread was started?:rolleyes:

BoatingCop

Chief Petty Officer

Actually if the trailer can hold over 4000# it has to have a title.

I was just about to post that. Frisco is right.

Also, with all the talk about registering as homemade, I'd be careful with that. It's a pretty stiff penalty (Can't remember the class of offense in Texas) to have a homemade plate on a manufactured trailer if you're pulled over or if your plate gets checked. It also must have no serial numbers on the trailer like mentioned before. Just a heads up.

Last Mohican

Chief Petty Officer

Trailers are not titled in Texas....just registered.

This is not correct Cliff. The only trailers that are not titled are home built trailers. I have a Texas title for the Rebel trailer.

EDIT: Looks like several others have already pointed that out.

JB

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

All but one of my trailers have been factory made. None have ever had a title, just registration.

This thread has been hijacked too many times.

Status
Not open for further replies.