Powerwinch ??

KaGee

Admiral
Anybody know of an on-line source for Powerwinch parts or am I stuck dealing direct with the factory?

Silvertip

Supreme Mariner
Re: Powerwinch ??

Depends on what you need. You might try E-bay for a used winch for parts. Can't imagine any aftermarket sources for anything except the motor, switches, plugs, and the strap or cable. If the gears are bad you probably need to deal with the factory.

KaGee

Admiral

Thanks. Just got off of the phone with the factory.

ARRRGGGGHHH! :devil::devil::devil:

They only sell parts "kits" now, not individual parts. I need 2 gears and a shaft. The gear kit includes ALL gears in the box, like wise the shaft kit. combined cost is in excess of $200. Just not worth it IMO.

Silvertip

Supreme Mariner

I hear ya on the "not worth it". Shop around. Your local farm stores often have winches on sale as do most of the discount stores that sell boating stuff. Try right here on iBoats for a new unit.

gss036

Commander

Look at the prices on BoaterIsland.com. Seem pretty reasonable compared to some sites. I looked at IBoats, not impressed with the prices there. My winch quit on me on Monday and haven't had time or felt like playing with it yet. Seeing that it is 17 years old, probly can't complain , but will tear into it soon as salmon fishing ends here on Saturday and have until July to figure it out. Might even go back to the hand winch, still have it hanging in the barn.