bunk slides

m_court15

Seaman
I saw on here a while ago someone made there own homemade bunk slides. I can't find that post now, so I was wondering what could I use to make these.(hopefully something I could just run to walmart or something to buy) I want to put them right on top of my carpet bunks. my boat is pretty heavy, I don't know the weight, but it is a 18' i/o. here's a website to what I'm talking about http://www.surfixinc.com/surfix_trailer_bunkslides.html

thanks,
Matt

bassboy1

Lieutenant Commander
Re: bunk slides

Yes there was a post on here about the bunk slides. Yes you can easily make them. And Yes you can pick them up at Wal-Mart. It is just the white plastic cutting boards. Rip them to width and screw them on with SS screws.

Major Woods

Petty Officer 1st Class

Boaters World and West Marine also carry them.

I have them on my bunk trailer for a 26'WA. I can push the boat off with one hand and retrievel takes less effort also.

tommays

Admiral

How do you guys keep the boat on the trailer in turns and stuff if these slides are so slick ?

I have strong stern straps BUT :)

Tommays

Texasmark

Supreme Mariner

I bought mine for a song from Cabella's I think. The bow and stern clamps keep the boat on the trailer. They are slick, but not that slick.

Mark