1993 Javelin trailer wheel bearings

cleve

Petty Officer 2nd Class
I have removed one of the hubs, bearings, seals, etc. and the axle is tapered. I took measurement with a tape and 'eyeballed it' best I could. I read the sticky at the top and it showed part numbers on the bearings, but I can't see any on mine?
Inside bearing inner diam 1.5"
Outside bearing inner diam 1.25"

The inside hub inner diam 2.25"
Outside hub inner diam 2"

Does this sound right? My local parts stores (limited/small town) aren't showing these sizes.

The one I took off was slinging grease on the inside, so the seal was shot.
I'm going to do the other side also because it was fairly hot to the touch the last few times I took it out.

cleve

Petty Officer 2nd Class

Silvertip

Supreme Mariner
What hub you buy must fit the spindle you have. Match the bearings you have with those in the new hub. If they are the same then it will work. If not it won't. The inside of the hub can be scratched and beat up with no issues because it is the bearings that carry the load. The rear bearing is press fit in the hub as is the seal. Clean up the existing hub and take it with you, along with the old bearings and seal, to the auto store. NAPA stores for example will generally be able to press in the new bearing and seal for a very small charge. Just make sure they pack the rear bearing before installation. If you really want to swap hubs, then take your old bearings to the auto store. From the part number they can tell you what the dimensions. A 2000# axle will likely have 1-1/16 inch inner diameter on both the inner and outer bearings. A 3500# axle will likely have a 1-1/16 outer bearing but the inner will be 1-3/8 ID and the seal will be larger.