Submersible LEDs

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Submersible LEDs

I recently restored my old trailer and fitted it with LED lights that were supposed to be submersible and waterproof. Well long story short they were not. Does anyone have any recommendations from personal experience?

Wesbar comes to mind
    NO PERSONAL QUESTIONS, THIS IS WHAT THE FORUM IS FOR.

Comment

I've had good luck with Optronics Over 80 tail and marker lights. I really like the Mini, LED marker. They are a lot smaller than a normal maker light yet twice as bright.

Comment

Oooh....another LED tail light thread
        1988 Cruisers Rogue 2420 -VP 290 DP now powered by custom 468 - http://forums.iboats.com/forum/owner...988-rogue-2420

Past Boats
        1970 Wooster Hellion - Merc 9.8
        2002 SeaRay 190BR - 5.0 - A1G2 - "Cheasheads in Paradise"
        1984 Avanti 170DLI -3.0 stringer- "Ship Happens"

What’s behind you doesn’t matter.Enzo Ferrari

Comment

Superbrightled.com that's where I'm getting my set in spring to do my trailer

Comment

Ok thanks for the suggestions👍

Comment

Can't tell from the pics...are you sure the lights' failure was due to water intrusion? Could it be bad grounding?
              San Diego, CA "The 619"

"Nemo" (since Jul 2004): 1978 StarCraft 15' TriStar, 1978-88 "FrankenMotor" Mercury 70
              Unnamed (since Dec 2016): 2000 Sea Hunt Triton 172 CC, 2014 Mercury OptiMax 125

"It's always easier to ask forgiveness than permission" -Colin Powell, et.al.

Comment

They still work, the housings are full of water/condensation.

I actually ordered some new optronics waterproof lights so I will post my findings with those when I get a few dips with them on...

Comment

Working...
                X