Dico Model 60 brakes

silver007

Cadet
Bought a pontoon with this brake actuator (?). After I finally got the fill cap off as it had corroded into place, the resevior had about 1/8" of water in it, totally rusted inside. That's the MC right? Do you think it's rebuildable? I know this is not much to go on, just looking for opinions. The trailer is a '95 model Tracker dual axle for a 24' pontoon boat.

NYBo

Admiral
Welcome to iBOATS! :welcome:

I wouldn't bother trying to rebuild. You are likely also going to need to replace the brake lines and calipers or wheel cylinders. It may be more economical buying a complete kit rather than buying the pieces separately.

GA_Boater

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
If you added a pic, it isn't showing.

Master cylinder rusted inside - Toss it and replace it with a new one. Not worth even trying to rebuild, the rust probably has pitted the piston bore.

silver007

Cadet
I didn't mean rebuild the mc, I meant rebuilding the actuator with a new mc, etc or may the actuator not be worth it? When you say complete kit what do you mean exactly? I'm decent with auto brakes but I'm not sure what's out there as far as rebuild 'kits' for this trailer.

Gaboater I'm a few miles south of you. 😀

Scott Danforth

Grumpy Vintage Moderator still playing with boats
Staff member
Cheaper to buy new coupler/actuat9

thunder550

Petty Officer 3rd Class
I just put a complete Titan model 60 kit on a 2008 Venture trailer that sat with no brake fluid for a long time. The actuator looked really bad, didn't want to risk running the old lines or drum brakes due to possible rust and/or pitting. Installation wasn't too bad. Hardest part was routing the new brake lines.

I can't link to it directly, but do a google search for Titan T4843100.