Bunk support rubbing drive way

lifttech

Recruit
Just purchased a new boat and trailer. I have a drive way that raises up about four feet over a twenty foot span. The front bunk support is mounted to the bottom of the trailer frame while the other supports are mounted inside the frame. This is a 2016 EZ Loader trailer. Has anyone had this problem before. I purchased a second hitch to raise the height for towing, but it still rubs when going in and out of the drive. If I raise the hitch any more it will be to high for towing. Anyone had the same issues? Looking to have the support moved to inside the trailer frame. Thanks for any help.

tpenfield

Staff member
Yes, pictures would help . . . but I do think you are going to have to move to a new house :D

bruceb58

Supreme Mariner
My brother had the same issue. Uses some 2x8 lumber to get in and out of his driveway

Alumarine

Captain
Without pictures it's hard to say.

The bottom of my axle rubs a bit at the entrance to my drive.
I make sure my windows are up so I don't hear the scrape.

roscoe

Supreme Mariner
turn up the radio a bit when entering the driveway

Problem will fix itself after the bottom of the bracket is worn away.

If you can't lower the driveway, can you raise the bracket, or get a different style of bracket?

jimmbo

Supreme Mariner
EZLoader makes a very large number of trailers, and there are just about as many configurations. Pictures would speak thousands of words, but you need more than 3 posts before you can upload pics.

robert graham

Admiral
Harbor Freight carries a variety of heavy duty caster/rollers that might be attached under your trailer to allow it to roll up the driveway....these casters are often used on the rear corners of large trailers and motor homes for going in and out of driveways....rolling is better than dragging and scraping....