Shore Landr Trailer

jtw37

Seaman Apprentice
I bought a trailer and boat together and have a couple of questions about the trailer. I've included two photos and am wondering if the tow eyelet is supposed to be above the roller or like it is? The other is, what are the numbers on the tongue for? Thanks for the help.

Attachments

• photo275629.jpg
    photo275629.jpg
    85.5 KB · Views: 0
  • photo275630.jpg
    photo275630.jpg
    84.9 KB · Views: 0

GA_Boater

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
Yes - The bow roller should be above the eye. In fact if the roller could be re-positioned a little higher or the boat winched a little tighter so the roller is against the bow would be better.

The numbers are for measuring the length of the fish you catch. Maybe the PO floated the boat with the trailer attached? :eek: No purpose served on the tongue.

Last edited:

Maclin

Admiral
The bow eye on the boat tucking in under the winch post roller seems correct to me. The eye, in my opinion, should tuck under and into the roller some. The winch strap coming out and down some is a little different, but the trailer manufacturer seems to have all this well in hand with that wear bar for the strap to ride against.

hemi rt

Petty Officer 1st Class
Yes - The bow eye should be above the roller. In fact if the roller could be re-positioned a little higher or the boat winched a little tighter so the roller is against the bow would be better.

I totally disagree, the eye should be below the roller. If you have the eye above the roller what is to stop the boat from going further ahead if someone runs into the back end or you do a very hard panic stop - nothing. If it below the roller at least there is something to help stop/slow down the boat from going forward.

GA_Boater

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
I totally disagree, the eye should be below the roller. If you have the eye above the roller what is to stop the boat from going further ahead if someone runs into the back end or you do a very hard panic stop - nothing. If it below the roller at least there is something to help stop/slow down the boat from going forward.

Your right. Swapped roller and eye in the beginning of the sentence. The rest about the roller over the eye was correct.

jtw37

Seaman Apprentice
Thanks guys for the quick reply's. I will leave it as is. I jus thought that the rollers were to help with getting the boat loaded and to protect it from damage. Live and Learn. Thanks again.

Maclin

Admiral
That Ruler on the Tongue, looks factory. It could be a manufacturing aid for their assemblers, for spotting and attaching stuff like winch posts as they assemble a generic model into a boat specific mate-up.