LED lights

JOFO17

Petty Officer 2nd Class
I am going to upgrade to LED lights on my trailer, but don't want to buy junk. Can someone tell me which brands stand up to salt water and are reliable.

Bondo

Staff member
Ayuh,.... There several good brands out there,.....

I target parts houses that sell to the tractor-trailer crowd for high quality lighting,...

MH Hawker

Vice Admiral
i like the wesbar brand, have had no complaints, in fact i up graded last year to them and so far its fine

fishrdan

Admiral
What ever you get, make sure the PCB is encapsulated in epoxy. I bought an LED trailer set and it was flaking out in a year or so, PCB components all corroded as they were exposed to water, being immersed in water. The next set was encapsulated in epoxy, probably had them for 3-4 years without issue... I think the first set came from HarborFreight, second set from BPS

mike_i

Master Chief Petty Officer
Make sure they are sealed and not just submersible. I just replaced my lights, the package said submersible so I bought them, I removed the lens to look inside and nothing was sealed from getting wet. I read the three reviews people had written about the lights and each one stated the lights quit working after several dunks in the water.I think the word submersible is misleading. I returned the lights and got a set that was sealed.

dingbat

Supreme Mariner
I installed Optronics low profile, sealed tail lights 2 years ago. So far so go.