How to tighten the tow eye

alldodge

Staff member
Howdy Dave

Might be able to help but going to need to see what you have by posting a pic. The good news is you have posted three times so you can upload a pic. The not so good news is you posted to a 2014 thread and a Mod will be along shortly about that in your other thread

Davefarmer65

Recruit
Not sure what I'm doing I'm new to this site ? I have taken a pic not sure how to post it in my message

Davefarmer65

Recruit
No Title

I sorry guy I'm not very good on computer

Attachments

• photo268045.jpeg
    photo268045.jpeg
    272.2 KB · Views: 1
  • photo268046.jpeg
    photo268046.jpeg
    231.6 KB · Views: 1

Tnstratofam

Commander
Check in any bow storage compartments for access to the bow eye. If you don't find any you will have to cut into the hull ( From The Inside ) either through a compartment or the inner hull itself to gain access.

Remember to stay in line as much as possible with the bow eye.

Iboats sells inspection hatches you can install to cover the hole. I would recomend having the hatch cover beforehand so you know what size hole to cut.

http://www.iboats.com/Boat-Parts-Acc...ch%20cov&s=sol

fhhuber

Lieutenant
Often the issue with a loose bow eye is rotted wood. That can be very bad news.

Stand in the boat, facing forward about 5 ft from the bow and take a pic of the part of the boat from your feet forward.
We are looking to see if there is already a potential access hole or where would be the most logical place to make one.

The bow eye was installed before they attached the deck to the hull at the factory and there may not be any access provided. Cutting a hole and installing a removable cover plate is no big deal if needed. Maybe $10 for a decent looking access port kit appx 5 to 8 inches diameter.

Hopefully the nuts just vibrated loose.

GA_Boater

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
Before you cut anything, get some pics inside the boat. There may be some padded, upholstered panels to gain access or something easier.

Grub54891

Vice Admiral
No Title

Take a look at this, I'm restoring mine, I had to drill a 6" hole to access the hardware to remove the grabrails. The backrests will cover the hole, but I'm also going to add a hatch to the flat area underneath the hole, for anchor storage. You will be able to access the area by putting a hatch like I'm doing, or just remove the backrests, and drilling the hole like you see in the pic.

Attachments

• photo268053.jpg
    photo268053.jpg
    260.6 KB · Views: 1