Trailer help

Dvs206

Recruit
I am looking at getting a boat this weekend, a 2000 caravelle 209 bowrider. The boat is 20 foot 6 inches long. I am getting the boat at great price and will be very happy with it but it does not come with a trailer. We will be keeping the boat in a slip anyway, I would just like a trailer in case I need to take it anywhere (usually will not be far, within 20 or 30 miles or so, the few times I do use it)
My dad has a trailer to fit his 19 foot monterey bowrider. Would this trailer work for this boat?

Thanks in advance for any help!

Last edited:

robert graham

Admiral
With some modifications to the bunks and bow stop post, etc.,it could work....maybe. Depends on the size, shape and weight of the boats. Of course if it's for the occasional, short haul, then maybe not so critical about perfect fit.....Good Luck!

dennis461

Chief Petty Officer
Seems like a good answer would be; how much does the boat weigh, how many lbs. can the trailer support, what size trailer tires, how much frame rust, etc.
Is the 30 mile travel on an expressway at 65mph or all back roads.

I think whenever your beautiful new to you boat goes on a trailer, the trailer needs to be able to do the job regardless of distance.
I launch alone most of the time and find a roller trailer easier to manage, just an opinion.
Also use an electric winch with remote.

roscoe

Supreme Mariner
Maybe is the best answer.
We don't know the weights or capacity.
The width or bow eye position on the boats, or the length of the tongue.
The roller or bunk placement or adjustability.

gm280

Supreme Mariner
Without all the particulars, I have to say NO, it won't work. The odds that both boats are exactly the same hull design and dimensions, even if there both were of the same manufacturer, is extremely remote. So I would search and find a trailer you can setup for your boat when needed. But that is just my opinion.

Dvs206

Recruit
Both boats weigh the same. And if I moved the bunks, how would I know how far apart to put them ?