welding galvanized

Jcris

Chief Petty Officer
The only thing I have is a 110 MIG so I'll have this done by a local welder. I appreciate the tip

Jcris

Chief Petty Officer
Well the winch stand has arrived. It looks stout and should handle my boat easily. I contacted a local welder and he quoted me $70 to modify the post to fit where I want it, weld it in place and weld on some gussets for additional support. I'm getting this done Monday. I'll post pictures when it's done

jimmbo

Supreme Mariner
Weld plates to the post and supports so the post can be bolted and thus moved, using u-bolts it spreads the stress across the tongue tube, not just to the thin wall of the tube

Jcris

Chief Petty Officer
No Title

I had the winch post welded in place. It works great and is surely overkill for my boat but I couldn't be happier with the results.
The welder was in my humble opinion a real pro. Sure it was a simple job but he made it look so. He was great to work with as well. And thank you everyone here for your guidance along the way. I look forward to your help in future projects.

Attachments

• photo263984.jpg
    photo263984.jpg
    70.7 KB · Views: 0

gm280

Supreme Mariner
Well that isn't going anywhere now. Nice setup and looks like it will certainly work. :thumb: