trailer hub zerk fitting off center

jackrabbit66

Seaman
So I was greasing my trailer hub bearings when i noticed something odd. when I take off the rubber seal to access the zerk One of the hubs has the zerk fitting in the center and the other is on the right side. Does this mean theres something wrong with my hub or maybe the hub was replaced and the new one just has a zerk in a different place? Maybe a dumb question but Its odd to me.

dingbat

Supreme Mariner
Guessing someone change hubs on you
2lixyeq.jpg

GA_Boater

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
^^^^ Exactly what I was thinking, Ding. Just wanted to make sure.

Both styles have a plug in the center of the cap for the old grease to leave the hub.

jackrabbit66

Seaman
No Title

I guess its just a different style. Once I removed more the the grease i could see that the zerk was placed off center intentionally.

Attachments

• photo260697.jpg
    photo260697.jpg
    263.9 KB · Views: 1

charleso

Petty Officer 2nd Class
My SupRLube hubs are the same way.They sure do push a lot of gunk out when you start pumping in new grease, have a trash bag and lots of old rags or paper towels handy when servicing.

robert graham

Admiral
Guessing someone change hubs on you
2lixyeq.jpg

My trailer has Superlube spindles and last year I installed new hub packages and apparently they're the Superlube hubs....so now I have zerks on the ends of the spindles and on the inner area of the hubs....I've just been greasing them both...no harm here, I guess?

bruceb58

Supreme Mariner
Just so you know, the zerk is on the axle...not on the hub.