Boat trailer manufaturer help

THC1

Seaman Apprentice
Hello: I just acquired a boat fro a relative and I am traveling to Missouri soon to retrieve it. I want to install new trailer bearings before pulling it home (650 miles). I cannot find who makes the trailer in order to get a hub diameter size. The boat is a 2001 Aries 200 XTE Tournament ed. and the trailer appears to be matching but the title only shows it as a 2001 and the make as "SOFT" I have the vin number of course but can't find a vin decoder online for it. Any ideas?

Thanks

alldodge

Staff member
There isn't that many sizes, but need a way to measure to get your info needed

bearings.jpg

qu27088_800.jpg

gm280

Supreme Mariner
AllDodge, that is a very good post that clearly show newbies everything. You need to make that a sticky for everybody to use. :thumb:

ajgraz

Lieutenant Commander
Agreed, great post Dodge, I need to get measurements on my bearings soon and that saves me a lot of research.

To the OP, your best bet is to physically pull the hubs and measure for bearings (or get part numbers off them if you can) yourself when you get there. Can you be 100% sure the trailer has its original axle? You might pre-buy bearings and they aren't even the right ones. Also, will give you a chance to personally inspect the hubs, lug nuts/bolts, spindles, and the crown nuts, races and cotter pins...what if you need more than bearings?

Hopefully there's a marine store near your relative's place you can get the stuff from. If not, I suppose you could pre-buy all the bearing sizes it might be based on what weight of axle it should have, and return what you don't use? (And hope it doesn't need anything more!)

alldodge

Staff member
Thanks, just took pics from another site and merged together

robert graham

Admiral
Pull one of the hubs and take it to Northern Tool or Tractor Supply and they will match it up for you....new hub, bearings, seals, lugs, etc. in a plastic box about $50 each!....

jbcurt00

Staff member
AllDodge, that is a very good post that clearly show newbies everything. You need to make that a sticky for everybody to use. :thumb:

Added to the existing bearing sizes topic by Silvertip

Sprig

Chief Petty Officer
That is a great post. A photo of it is now in my shop.