ST175-80R-13D Trailer Tires

johnny striper

Seaman Apprentice
Time to replace my single axle trailer tires. Looking at the Kenda Karrier Loadstars as they seem to be the only tires I can find in my size with a D load rating and are 8 ply. My current tires are C rated / 6 ply which is close to my 2300 # fully loaded rig wt. Anyone use Kendas or have suggestions on other tires in this size with D rating? Thanks....

johnny striper

Seaman Apprentice
@ ALLDODGE....Thanks for the suggestion. The ST185 C tire should work...I will check out what's available.

JASinIL2006

Vice Admiral
I've had Kenda Karriers on my single-axle trailer for the last 2-3 seasons. They've held up well. I do a couple long trips (1600-2000 miles) and dozens of shorter trips (100-150 miles) every year. No complaints about my Kendas.

johnny striper

Seaman Apprentice
Good to here and thanks for your input. They do seem to get decent online reviews, but wanted to check with the good people here on iboats before I pull the trigger. I tow 160 miles to fish and make about 25 trips a year...half highway, half back-roads with pot holes and RR tracks along the way.

Scott Danforth

Grumpy Vintage Moderator still playing with boats
Staff member
I have never had luck with Kenda tires, however that is me

oldjeep

Admiral
I've had Kendas on my last boat trailer, car dolly and car trailer. Great tires, never had an issue with one of them. Typically buy them from e trailer online