Replacement tires for my Trailer..feed-back

JASinIL2006

Vice Admiral
Don't know about those tires specifically... I put a set of Kenda Karrier radials on my trailer and they are very nice. I tow several thousand miles each summer, including several long trips, and they are holding up well.

SOG3

Petty Officer 3rd Class
If you are pulling a tandem trailer,you need to use tires made specially for trailers .Tandem tires do a lot of side slipping when turning,so the sidewalls are beefed up on trailer tires .

Thalasso

Commander
From another site said Good Year has introduced a new trailer tire.The only trailer tire in production in the good old USA.The are class D & E Endurance

bruceb58

Supreme Mariner
From another site said Good Year has introduced a new trailer tire.The only trailer tire in production in the good old USA.The are class D & E Endurance
I may have to look into these 5 years from now when it's time to replace mine.

dennis461

Chief Petty Officer
Well, the walmart ad states they are good defense for sideslip and they have 6PR which is I think a 6 ply rating.
Maybe google Suopercargo and see if someone has posted opinions somewhere.

frantically relaxing

Senior Chief Petty Officer
The tires in question are bias ply tires, which makes them perfect for tandem axle trailer use. Buy 'em.

From personal experience, I'll never put radials on another multi-axle trailer, ever. Radials tires will not tolerate hard-turn scrub (sideslip mentioned above). It's why the front tire (with very little treadwear) on our Party Cruiser trailer went kablooie while just sitting PARKED at the harbor..

pcradial1.jpg

pcradial2.jpg

--the sidescrub stretches, wears and tears the cords in the sidewalls and under the tread of radial tires...

But when sideslipping bias tires, the whole tire just slides because the sidewalls don't roll over, and the sliding simply wears and/or peels off the tread, like this tire, one of the 8 year old original Goodyear Workhorse bias tires on our Chaparral trailer-

chapbias.jpg

--this is what the Bullfrog (Lake Powell) launch ramp did to these tires in 100?+ heat over those 8 years. Lots of tread peeled off, but the lowest points of the rubber are still above the groove bottoms. And no internal damage to the tires whatsoever. Plenty safe to get home on...

mxcobra

Chief Petty Officer
there better than a flat tire, but from experience , a true trailer tire is best....