Finally Decided!

MRS

Commander
I had it on my last truck Ram 2500 diesel loved that truck air condition unit went out only paid 100 bucks they fixed it. Plus did have the fuel pump go out they fixed it 100 bucks to me was worth the money was a 01 had it ten years that was all I had go wrong with it. Now have a Ram 2013 they thru in life time warranty cause we have bought from same dealer for twenty some years. We have 08 jeep wrangler and 1500 Ram pickup now no major troubles sweet truck you got there.

SeaDooSam

Chief Petty Officer
I had it on my last truck Ram 2500 diesel loved that truck air condition unit went out only paid 100 bucks they fixed it. Plus did have the fuel pump go out they fixed it 100 bucks to me was worth the money was a 01 had it ten years that was all I had go wrong with it. Now have a Ram 2013 they thru in life time warranty cause we have bought from same dealer for twenty some years. We have 08 jeep wrangler and 1500 Ram pickup now no major troubles sweet truck you got there.

Thanks for the info. Just what I was looking for- someone that had it! The price is actually $2800 and considering it has the air suspension alone I think it makes sense.

SeaDooSam

Chief Petty Officer
Congrats on the Ram, I currently have a 2016 myself. Tows great and that is even with the high gear rear end. I didn't pay attention when I got the truck but with the 8 speed transmission I don't think it really matters too much with gear ratios. Also the dealer I got my Ram from tried to offer me an unlimited mile warranty and when I read into it, it would have been more of a hassle. First I would have had to go to that dealer for all required maintenance service, or would have to call and get approval if I took it somewhere else for like an oil change. Second I had to make sure it was done with in the recommended time or mileage. I don't think the warranty was through Chrysler but make sure you read the fine print.

Very good points I will look into it.

WIMUSKY

Staff member
I guess it depends on how long you plan on keeping it... You can have a fair amount work done at $2800. I was never offered that, just an extended warranty for $1500. I have a '16 too except a 2500. I was told the front end issues were fixed and shouldn't go out at 50k like they had been..... Look at the fine print as mentioned. If you plan on running it into the ground, it may we worth the money. Not so much if you plan on trading it in a few years or so. It's really just a roll of the dice.....