Finally Decided!

SeaDooSam

Chief Petty Officer
I finally made the decision for a new tow rig. We picked up a 2015 Ram 1500 Crew Cab Laramie Limited. It happened to be a great deal. Thanks for everyone's advice and help during my truck search.
Shoutout to Criswell Chrysler in Maryland they were very accommodating and helpful with everything.

Attachments

• image.png
    image.png
    1.6 MB · Views: 1

Watermann

Starmada Splash of the Year 2014
Sharp looking rig alright! :thumb:

fetch

Tnstratofam

Commander
Looks like a good truck. I really do like the styling and color on that Dodge.:thumb:

SeaDooSam

Chief Petty Officer
You live in G-burg?

No, MA but I went down to get it because it was the perfect one! Wish I was closer to them they were awesome.

I like the interiors on the Rams so that's why I went with it.

Baylinerchuck

Commander
Coulda swung by my house and helped me grind out my Chap Sam!!!!! Eh, maybe next time. Nice truck BTW.

Bayou Dave

Lieutenant Commander
No, MA but I went down to get it because it was the perfect one! Wish I was closer to them they were awesome.

I like the interiors on the Rams so that's why I went with it.

What part of MA are you? I am originally from Gloucester.

SeaDooSam

Chief Petty Officer
Thanks for all the replies! Now, if you were me, I can get an Unlimited Mileage Warranty for however long I own the truck through Chrysler for $3800, would you do it?

Watermann

Depends on the mileage now, I do know that most the dodge trucks front ends go bad needing a complete rebuild right down to the steering box at about 100+k depending on if they were used off pavement or not.

SeaDooSam

Chief Petty Officer
Depends on the mileage now, I do know that most the dodge trucks front ends go bad needing a complete rebuild right down to the steering box at about 100+k depending on if they were used off pavement or not.

Thanks. 16000 miles currently. Except for the occasional dirt road all on pavement driving.

Watermann

Comes right down to how long you plan on keeping the truck, some people hang onto rigs for a long time so that would make it very worth 3800.

Blind Date

Chief Petty Officer
$3800 dollars for an unlimited mileage warranty as long as you own the vehicle? Never heard of such a thing and frankly I'm skeptical. I suspect most repairs, such as a worn front end, as the vehicle aged would be considered normal wear and tear and not covered by the warranty. They're in it to make money, not save you money.

Speaking of money, all the money I save by not buying extended warranties that everyone tries to sell these days I use when something needs to be fixed. I'd recommend doing the same.

bruceb58

Supreme Mariner
Speaking of money, all the money I save by not buying extended warranties that everyone tries to sell these days I use when something needs to be fixed. I'd recommend doing the same.
++++1

Of course I might be tempted with a Chrysler product! Of course I would never buy a Chrysler product.

ondarvr

Supreme Mariner
I can't imagine the warranty covers much, I'd look very close at the fine print. And collecting on the things it does cover may be difficult.

Rarely are warranties like this worth the cost.

Illinoid

Petty Officer 2nd Class
It may cover a lot it is just a numbers game and if most people trade before major money they come out ahead. As I remember it when Dodge went to the 5 yr 50K warranty in the mid sixtys only change was to raise the price $300.

Toyelectroman

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Congrats on the Ram, I currently have a 2016 myself. Tows great and that is even with the high gear rear end. I didn't pay attention when I got the truck but with the 8 speed transmission I don't think it really matters too much with gear ratios. Also the dealer I got my Ram from tried to offer me an unlimited mile warranty and when I read into it, it would have been more of a hassle. First I would have had to go to that dealer for all required maintenance service, or would have to call and get approval if I took it somewhere else for like an oil change. Second I had to make sure it was done with in the recommended time or mileage. I don't think the warranty was through Chrysler but make sure you read the fine print.