Trailer Bunk Slides ?

DarthVader

Petty Officer 3rd Class
Hello everyone,

I have a question regarding Trailer Bunk Slides,what I like to know does anyone use them on there bunks to help with loading and unloading there boat?

I also notice this year on my bunks the carpet was starting to rot and rip,so I am going to have to replace my carpet on my bunks come this spring time..

So sense I am going to replace the carpet I am going to also buy some bunker slides so my boat will have less friction,rubbing and less wear on the carpet allowing me to load and unload boat a lot easier..

These are the Trailer BunkSlides I am looking at getting,So what do you think of these and do they help and work good for loading and unloading your boat.?

Caliber Marine Trailer Bunk Slides

http://www.caliberproductsinc.com/ma...ine-Slides.php

E-Z Slide Trailer Pads

https://www.amazon.com/Ironwood-Paci...RCO?th=1&psc=1

Here is something else I found that might work it is called Slydz-On Spray-On Bunk Lubricant,I am just unsure if it will work because I use my boat everyday and so my trailer is in the water twice a day for unloading and loading my boat so I would be afraid that after a couple times in and out the water the lubricate would wear off..Does anyone use Slydz-On Spray-On Bunk Lubricant if so does it work and last better then actually having Bunk Slides?

https://www.amazon.com/Caliber-Bunk-.../dp/B0000BYEZI

Last edited:

redneck joe

Supreme Mariner
Look here on iboats for the.

I've heard the spray works

if you are adding slides, do not recarpet

Baylinerchuck

Commander
I love my roller trailers.....until I have to replace the wobble rollers that is. Lol. Carpet or slides seem to be the more economical choice.

My buddy has a 20' Rinker that's a bear to load at times depending on the ramp. His bunks stick like suction cups. I'll have to show him these slides. Thanks, sorry for the hijack.

WIMUSKY

Staff member
A friend of mine uses slides, work really well. He has a few per side. I would use slides instead of spray. More perm.

Not sure why the recommendation was made not to re-carpet. If it's falling apart, replace it.....

ondarvr

Supreme Mariner
Not sure why the recommendation was made not to re-carpet. If it's falling apart, replace it.....

If switching to slides the carpet is only for decoration, no need for trapping water on the bunks and speeding their demise.

WIMUSKY

Staff member
If switching to slides the carpet is only for decoration, no need for trapping water on the bunks and speeding their demise.

I know. But, I still would re-carpet...... That's just me...... I don't want a shotty looking trailer. Depending on how old the bunks were, I'd replace them at the same time. Then a person would be set for many years.....