Trailer tire speed rating.....

Status
Not open for further replies.

bruceb58

Supreme Mariner
I wonder how many people this year bought a 2007 or older boat? How many of them do you suppose changed out the tires on the trailer?
:)
I bought a 2006 boat at the end of 2012. First thing I did was replace the tires. If they are 5 years old or older, they get replaced. I do the same thing with my truck which I don't drive enough to wear out the tires in 5 years.

WIMUSKY

Staff member
I forget the manufacturer, but even tho they're made in China it's still by the strict guidelines of the manufacturer.... So the China part means nothing. Just wish I remembered who........

bruceb58

Supreme Mariner
I forget the manufacturer, but even tho they're made in China it's still by the strict guidelines of the manufacturer.... So the China part means nothing. Just wish I remembered who........

Apple

jimmbo

Supreme Mariner
the strict guidelines of the manufacturer.... So the China part means nothing.....

Practicing a Monolog for the local comedy venue? That one will have them rolling on the floor

jimmbo

Supreme Mariner
There are lots of Richard Craniums that have no comprehension of the physics involved when it comes to speed, stopping distances, tire loading. We see them everyday driving like they own the road and are the only ones on it. I'll bet they haven't figured out the Maximum Speed posted is a guideline. It is the Maximum Speed in IDEAL Conditions. If conditions are not ideal, Fog, Sleet, Ice, Snow, Heavy Rain, etc..., even doing the posted speed could be considered Dangerous Driving. Of course Richard ands the other Craniums will ignore reality and insist on going even faster. As I said earlier, I do not care if they kill themselves, but it does **** me off when they take the occupants of another vehicle with them

WIMUSKY

Staff member
Practicing a Monolog for the local comedy venue? That one will have them rolling on the floor

I'm not going to spend half the day finding the exact quote, but here are some other examples...... BTW, enough with the attitude. Check it at the door.......

Here's 1 example: Where are Carlisle tires made?

[FONT=&quot]Depending upon which Carlisle tire you select, the tire could have been made in a U.S. factory or elsewhere. We are an American company committed to American manufacturing and standards. [/FONT]
http://www.carlstargroup.com/about-us/faq

Example 2. They were talking about Towmax made in China:
Editorial Comment:
One or two-year old tires are not normally an issue, nor is the country of manufacture.
As a dealer for one of the largest and most reputable tire company we were authorized to sell any tire made by them with a full warranty up until 5 years after they were manufactured. This company had tires made in plants around the world and again the place of manufacture wasn't a factor in the guarantee, either.
Both the date of manufacture and country is shown in the DOT code which is on the tire's sidewall.
The most important factor in RV tire use is often how the tires are treated when they are not being used. Tires will normally lose air pressure over time and when in storage it is best to remove all weight from them by placing your vehicle on blocks. Protecting them from UV light sources will also help.
The long and short of it is even if you switch the another brand of tires, unless you take the necessary steps to check and maintain your tires, you can have problems with them, too.

TG

Read more: http://www.tire-information-world.co...#ixzz4OxZVZBT1

WIMUSKY

Staff member
Thanks for turning him off, GA. I just got back to my computer....

jimmbo, check some of your posts, there has been plenty of "attitude"...

I hope this thread helped members who didn't know about speed ratings, like myself, understand more about them.

I also hope you didn't get caught up in some of the crap that was posted.

This thread has run it's course and will be closed......

Status
Not open for further replies.