Bow roller on stratos trailer not lining up?

ezimmerm

Petty Officer 3rd Class
I'm having an issue was a new to me boat and trailer. Just bought a 2012 stratos 386 and the bow roller does not seem to be lined up with the rest of the trailer.

If the boat is pulled all the way onto the roller, the backend kicks out a bit causing one of bunks to be right under a strake rather than the side of it. The only way I can get the boat to sit level and with the bunks in the right place is to pull it up just short of the roller and as seen in the picture its not centered on it.

Problem is, the bow roller doesn't seem to be adjustable from what I'm seeing. Anyone seen this before with a stratos trailer?

Attachments

• photo253176.jpg
    photo253176.jpg
    144 KB · Views: 0
  • photo253177.jpg
    photo253177.jpg
    354.1 KB · Views: 0

hemi rt

Petty Officer 1st Class
From what I can see it looks like the front roller isn't sitting centered to the center part of the tongue, is this a bolt together trailer or welded?

Scott Danforth

Grumpy Vintage Moderator still playing with boats
Staff member
loosen the u-bolts on your winch post, rotate the winch post to the starboard side, tighten ubolts..

ezimmerm

Petty Officer 3rd Class
This is an old thread but I'm finally getting around to fix this problem. I measured the center post and it is almost an inch offcenter. The post is welded in so no adjustment is possible. Is there such a thing as a bow roller with some side to side adjustment/play in it, otherwise I'm thinking I'll have to take the trailer to a welding shop to see about getting the post centered with the trailer.

GA_Boater

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
Are the trailer bunks adjustable? In your first post you said one bunk is on the strake and the other is to the side of the strake. The hull is probably sitting cocked on the trailer and that causes the bow to appear off center.

Check the bunks before cutting on the trailer.

ezimmerm

Petty Officer 3rd Class
The trailer bunks are not adjustable. When the front of the boat snugs up to the roller it pushes the back end of the boat offcenter. We measured and the bunks are perfectly lined up, its the center post the winch/roller sit on thats the issue and unfortunately there is no adjustment there at all.

I have it at a welding shop, they are going to cut the metal ears the roller fits on, weld a plate to the center post and offset the roller by the correct amount. It appears it was just a bad weld job from the factory unfortunately.