2016 Venture VASK 2800 Cost/Reliability

BMerr509

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Hi Guys,

I'm restoring an old starcraft and am in need of a trailer. The boat will probably weight around 1000# + motor, for a max total of 1300#. 18' boat.

This is the trailer i'm looking at, i got the marina to drop the price by $50 because he needs to move them.

http://syracuse.craigslist.org/bod/5800610940.html

My problem is that I've read some not so great things on Venture trailers- anyone have any experience with the newer ones? Notice it already has the guide posts installed. It is brand new as well.

I don't need to buy until next summer. My uses for the trailer would be maybe 10 trips/year 15 miles one way, then one long trip 400+ miles, with the last 40 miles on a dirt road. So less than 1000 miles per year.

Thanks for the help!

Scott Danforth

Grumpy Vintage Moderator still playing with boats
Staff member
I would find a trailer that better matches your load. at least if you buy the trailer, you will need to downgrade the springs.

as far as the trailer itself goes, inspect the trailer every trip, issues arrise and most people do not inspect the trailer every use. so things happen and they blame everything except the guy inspecting and maintaining (or not ) the trailer.