bearing buddy bras

jerkoz

Petty Officer 2nd Class
why would a bearing bra fall off? seems like every time a take a trip I loose one on the same side of the trailor.. brand new bearing buddy that came with the bra.

gm280

Supreme Mariner
I used them myself and never had any issue with them. But I did make sure when I installed them I pushed the bra in at the center of the rubbery plastic to allow some air to escape out from around the edges and that made then have a little vacuum to help hold them on. You might try that next time. If you simply install them, any internal pressure could actually push them off. :noidea:

If i only had the problem during my teen dating years... :facepalm:

airshot

Rear Admiral
Something else I have done if I have one that creates a vacuum and does not want to seat all the way on the bearing buddy is to poke a very small hole in the bra to allow air to escape while pushing all the way onto the bb. It is the air trapped inside that pushes the bra off at highway speeds.

Fed

Commander
I poke something down the side to let the air out when I push the center to create a vacuum.

gm280

Supreme Mariner
I've actually have mine so tightly on, that I had a hard time removing them. And that was because of the vacuum that I made use of when installing them. JMHO

jerkoz

Petty Officer 2nd Class
when poking a small hole in the bra, where do you put the hole? in the center or around the diameter?

gm280

Supreme Mariner
when poking a small hole in the bra, where do you put the hole? in the center or around the diameter?

In my uneducated opinion, if you poke a hole in the bra to allow easier installation, then there would be no vacuum to hold it on after that. JMHO :noidea:

MH Hawker

Vice Admiral
i just got a set for my safety lube hubs and was wondering if the heat expansion was going to pop them off i think i will add wire ties

JASinIL2006

Vice Admiral

I don't think you poke a hole in them at all. Just slide a toothpick or a nail alongside the bearing buddy, underneath the bra, to give the air an exit path. Then pull the pick/nail out, and you have a nice snug, vacuum-like fit.

WIMUSKY

Staff member
If you poke a hole in them wouldn't you get water intrusion? I'm with the , push the center of the cap to relieve pressure crowd. I use them all the time too....

bruceb58

Supreme Mariner
I agree too. Don't poke a hole in them.

Even with no hole, they can get water behind them. Make sure you take them off occasionally and let them dry out