TOWING WITH A COVER

bruceb58

Supreme Mariner
Sounds like you need to invest in a decent cover instead of wasting your time with all these $100-$200 covers.

airshot

Rear Admiral
It's weird, when I look in the rearview, the bow cover always looks so still when I'm thinking there would be some amount of movement. Whatever it is, I've been happy with snap on covers.

You have a properly made cover for towing. In all my years of boating whenever I have had a cover made, the first thing I tell them is the boat will be towed with the cover on! I have had many made over the years and never had an issue except one and that went back to the place where it was made. It was corrected and never had an issue after that. Yes I paid good money for those covers but no issues.

bajaunderground

Lieutenant
Look at the different materials as well...as has been stated, you get what you pay for!

​I had the factory Sharkskin that was13 years old...I almost always tow long distance with it on as encountering heavy rain while towning a boat, sucks...water gets everywhere! It's still in decent shape; however, I decided to replace before winter as our snow and winds here are brutal.

I just ordered the Westland custom fitted, Sunbrella cover and it matches the quality and fit of the factory original (I'm like 95% positive Westland provides the factory covers for Cobalt as the design and what not look identical?). The new cover has a 12 year warranty (2 years, free replacement and then prorated over the remaining 10 years). Quotes from $565-$1,200...

On Holiday

Seaman Apprentice
This is how I tow long distances, I am currently looking for a cover that will extend further down to cover the blue hull for when I have it stored on my boat lift in order to keep the blue from the harmful UV rays.

oldjeep

Admiral
This is how I tow long distances, I am currently looking for a cover that will extend further down to cover the blue hull for when I have it stored on my boat lift in order to keep the blue from the harmful UV rays.

You can get add on side protectors for covers, but you're better off just getting roll down sunshades for your lift

bruceb58

Supreme Mariner
I made a cover for my brother that had snap in skirts to go along the entire cover. It is actually long enough to cover the trailer as well.

My boat has blue gel coat that extends down the side like that picture. I made my cover to extend down to cover it.
side%20guides.jpg