New shocks for my truck

natsgrampy

Petty Officer 2nd Class
OK so I got the new shocks and finally had a chance to put them on.

What a pain in the A** it was to get the old ones off. Ended up cutting them off.

Good news is that it has made a tremendous difference! There is no more wandering. Like driving a new truck.

I haven't hooked the trailer up yet, so, not sure how that will change.

So far, happy with how its working

gm280

Supreme Mariner
OK so I got the new shocks and finally had a chance to put them on.

What a pain in the A** it was to get the old ones off. Ended up cutting them off.

Good news is that it has made a tremendous difference! There is no more wandering. Like driving a new truck.

I haven't hooked the trailer up yet, so, not sure how that will change.

So far, happy with how its working

Oh yes getting the old ones off. :facepalm:

I once made the mistake of telling a co-worker how easy it was to change shocks. Well that made me out to be a liar. He asked if I could change his shocks out. I said yes. Well long story short, the rear shocks were rusted on to the point that I could remove the nuts. And after a few unrelentless long frustrating hours of penetrating oils and even heat and some choice words (at least to my self) I finally got them off. Never again will I say how easy things are to do. Lesson learned for me. :eek:

Redfred1

Chief Petty Officer
Hope this fixes your problem. I'm just curious about the tongue weight. To me swaying (I'm guessing) is caused by the rear end being lower causing the front end to lose grip of the road.I have a 03 S/C that came with the towing package; but has the 6' bed; the tongue weight is 100lbs. I don't have your problem. Please keep us informed