Funny/Unsafe boat towing picture thread

R055

Chief Petty Officer
Hey guys, as the temperatures rise you see more and more funny/Unsafe boat towing going on and I wanted to start a thread about it kinda like the Craigslist thread in the general forum.

I'll start off with what I saw this Saturday in the lake washington boat parking lot.

Attachments

• photo249521.png
    photo249521.png
    1.4 MB · Views: 3

GA_Boater

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
Every ramp I use has HC spots. Did the car have a HC tag?

bruceb58

Supreme Mariner
Based on the deign of that trailer, it's very possibly not a very heavy boat. That being said, that car is only rated to tow 1000#

Last edited:

R055

Chief Petty Officer
Based on the deign of that trailer, it's very possibly not a very heavy boat. That being said, that car is only rated to tow 1000#

I would estimate the boat on the trailer to be atleast #2000 pounds. Especially on lake washington which is the second biggest lake in washington and the water gets pretty choppy during peak times. I wish I seen what was on it. The car also had the wiring harness coming out the trunk, is it basically connected to the rear lights?

Bondo

Staff member
Hey guys, as the temperatures rise you see more and more funny/Unsafe boat towing going on and I wanted to start a thread about it kinda like the Craigslist thread in the general forum.

Ayuh,.... Not so much unsafe, but unusual no doubt,......

I once bought 50 Old Town canoes, 'n needed to move 'em 500 miles,....
f10559.jpg

Actually, I've done it a few times,....
000_00211.jpg

poconojoe

Lieutenant Commander
Couple of weekends ago I was attempting to retrieve my boat at the local pay ramp run by the state. I had to taxi for a while because it was quite busy. I tied the boat off with the wife waiting while I got my truck. Got down there and there was a trailer backed in with a woman waiting, but no boat. I asked what was going on and she said someone was getting the boat from the marina! I explained that you should have your boat ready and that she was blocking the only access for others that needed the ramp. She got all snippy with me. When the boat finally arrived, they proceeded to winch it on when their 1/4" rope broke! Yes...1/4" rope for an 18' boat! As they retied the rope and got ready to pull bout, I noticed there was no safety chain. I tried to explain the hazard with that and the guy said he had a strap that goes over the boat. I expected to see that boat laying on the road later, but thankfully I didn't. They just don't get it, how they are jeopardizing someone's life if that boat comes off the trailer.

thumpar

Admiral
There are lots of bigger lakes in WA. Even the one 11 miles from my house it bigger than WA lake. You must be reading on the internet.

bruceb58

Supreme Mariner
I would estimate the boat on the trailer to be atleast #2000 pounds. Especially on lake washington which is the second biggest lake in washington and the water gets pretty choppy during peak times. I wish I seen what was on it. The car also had the wiring harness coming out the trunk, is it basically connected to the rear lights?
I have been in some pretty small boats on Lake Washington over the years. Even smaller on Lake Tahoe which is WAY bigger and WAY more rough than Lake Washington. Lake Washington is not a very large lake.

R055

Chief Petty Officer
There are lots of bigger lakes in WA. Even the one 11 miles from my house it bigger than WA lake. You must be reading on the internet.

Google has it as the second biggest natural lake in washington. Lake chelan is the first. What lake is by your house?

R055

Chief Petty Officer
Long is by my house and Roosevelt is not far.

Lake long is small compared to lake washington and roosevelt is part of the Columbia River. I think you're mistaking lake washington for another lake. Lake washington is 34 miles squared and lake long is 1/2 mile squared surface area.

R055

Chief Petty Officer
I have been in some pretty small boats on Lake Washington over the years. Even smaller on Lake Tahoe which is WAY bigger and WAY more rough than Lake Washington. Lake Washington is not a very large lake.

Depends when you go. I was out this Saturday and so much boats/chop I had to constantly slow down to avoid banging the boat hard into and off waves.

thumpar

Admiral
Lake long is small compared to lake washington and roosevelt is part of the Columbia River. I think you're mistaking lake washington for another lake. Lake washington is 34 miles squared and lake long is 1/2 mile squared surface area.
Long lake is 30 miles long. Roosevelt is a lake made out of a river.

roffey

Commander
LOL, I think that boat was on the trailer to start with. Interesting picture ....

redneck joe

Supreme Mariner
It wZ bsfore cell phones and cameras everywhere but saw a bayliner up a truck like that.