Trailer Tire wear out

TLMcFarlain4

Recruit
I own a 21ZX an have had both axels changed due to misalignment on torsion axels. At the time the two worn tires were replaced, I have sense replaced the opposite 2 tires and at present the first two replaced are in need of replacement. I do not know actual milage but think it is under 12000 miles. I have friends with Skeeters and they are having same issues. This is starting to be expensive to replace at least 2 tires every 10 to 12 months. Does anyone have these issues or what to do about it.

wahlejim

Master Chief Petty Officer
Unless you go to a tire shop, warranties probably won't be covered. I take mine to a Goodyear dealer, get the receipt and warranty info, as well as the hazard insurance and know that I am covered. Probably about $100 per tire, but I know I am covered for 3 years at the mileage I tow.

Sprig

Chief Petty Officer
What is the wear pattern on the tires? Wearing on the outside, the inside in the middle, or ? I assume you have trailer tires not auto tires and that they are inflated to the max. If you jack the trailer up and spin the wheels is there any wobble? It's a trailer problem and I am guessing the axles are bent or misaligned even though you had them realigned. Take it to a shop that specializes in trailer repair and get an opinion.