trailer winch question

jorgeoliva

Petty Officer 2nd Class
I have a 22 ft bayliner ciera with a 5.0 engine alpha outdrive my trailer is a double axel continental trailer. I need to replace the winch I have right now I have a power winch want to put a manual winch looking thru all the winch I notice there is a 2,000 Lb winch do you think this can work pulling out my boat

wahlejim

Master Chief Petty Officer
I wouldn't see a problem with that. Keep in mind you are just helping the boat slide on rollers or bunks (depending on your setup). You aren't lifting the entire weight of the boat.

floater212

Petty Officer 2nd Class
I had a rotor cuff tear so I couldn't crank my 2005 rinker captiva 212 on the trailer, so after surgery and doctor's " NO DON'T CRANK UP YOUR BOAT ANYMORE!" I got a fulton F2 3200 lbs 2 speed ( about $140) and it cranks easy as pie, even with my shoulder. very easy install and works great, they all should come with this style. if it gets tuff to crank up you pop the crank out about 1/2" and it's in second gear, I think you could pull a stump with that gear.

VE8EV

Petty Officer 2nd Class
With a boat that size I would go with a bigger winch and stick with a name brand like Fulton. I tried putting a no-name brand "2000lb" winch on my trailer to haul out my 21ft Fiberform. I only used it twice and it was destroyed. I ended up rebuilding my original winch.