Replacing Reverse Lockout Solenoid Help

greekfreek

Petty Officer 2nd Class
I need to replace my reverse lockout brake solenoid on my 2010 EZ Loader trailer. Where it's located the bottom frame is open and I may be able to get a wrench on the brake hose fitting. Question how do I remove the brake hose without it getting twisted? It seems to run the length of the trailer ,in frame, then switched to steel, with no extra..Solenoid comes off the trailer with the surge unit, then replace..

Attachments

• photo248658.JPG
    photo248658.JPG
    168.5 KB · Views: 0

dingbat

Supreme Mariner
99.99% of them I worked on have swivel fittings on both ends of the brake lines

mla2ofus

Chief Petty Officer
Appears to be a swivel fitting on the hose in the pic. If not look at the other end of the hose.
Mike

Blue Mist 97

Seaman Apprentice
Looks like you have a flexible brake hose. It will disconnect easy enough, but I would suspect that you will have to remove the master cylinder to remove the solenoid. Just did this to my trailer and there was no swivel fitting on the master cylinder side of the solenoid. I had the same solenoid as yours, but I chose to replace it with the inline style solenoid this time. I just replaced the master cylinder as well since it had a bunch of muck in it. It was an easy switch from the bypass style. Screw it in, connect power and run a ground to the trailer and done. If you use the inline style, be sure to use a 10 mm washer between the solenoid and the MC.