Identify a trailer?

gm280

Supreme Mariner
Looks like a drive on type trailer that usual was sold with bass boats in the days. But without any ID tag, it is what it is. If you are wanting to know so you can buy replacement parts. Then there is no need to know because trailer parts are everywhere and there is no need to go to the original manufacture for any part. Without a secured title, you may have an iffy time getting it reregistered. JMHO!

Bondo

Staff member
Ayuh,.... Welcome Aboard,.... Looks homemade to me,....

gm280

Supreme Mariner
ridepugh, please forgive me for not welcoming to iboats. :welcome: ridepugh, we always like new boaters to join us...

I have zero idea what manufacture your trailer is. But before you get too involved, if you have no title, do you have a bill of sale and a possible way to get it registered and legal? I ask that because I wouldn't spend even one cent on it unless I could make it legally mind.

If you have that figured out and know it is legal and yours, then you can make it into whatever you want. I actually rebuilt a trailer for my tri-hull boat and if you want you can take a look at that trailer project from the below link to see what I've done. It is now 100% perfect and like new. JMHO!

Last edited:

rldepugh

Recruit
Hi, GM280- Thanks for the welcome.

I do have a bill of sale, and Colorado should title it for me (most likely as a kit trailer) after an inspection. I've been through the process before. As it turns out, it's too heavy for its intended tow vehicle, so I will most likely re-purpose it for another one. The price was hard to beat. $146. :)

The trailer it was to replace has many of the issues that your trailer had. Now, I'm still looking for something to replace it, most likely a catamaran trailer, and I'll end up having to replace wheels, etc..

-Ron