Boat not fitting on trailer like it should.

chead98

Petty Officer 3rd Class
Hi guys. Just bought a newer trailer for my heavy 16' aluminum older starcraft. I loaded the boat on the trailer for the 1st time today it wasn't as smooth as I expected it to be. It's over to one side more than the other. The glide pads do move to the fit of the hull but for some reason, it didn't fit so nice when I loaded it this morning. I did notice the right pad is in a inch or two more than the left. Here is a picture to show what I mean. The trailer is a little big for the boat but I wouldn't think that would be the problem. Any advise would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks, Chris

Attachments

• photo244199.jpg
    photo244199.jpg
    127.1 KB · Views: 0

JimS123

Fleet Admiral
The bunks are not adjusted correctly. , The trailer is too wide for the boat. You will need to do some creative designing with side boards to get it to load correctly.

airshot

Rear Admiral
When putting a boat on a new or strange trailer it will never be right until everything is adjusted to fit the boat. As mentioned the trailer is way to big for the boat..however..you can do some creative fabricating to make it work. The bunks will need to ove a bit closer to center and some sort of side guide will be needed to keep the boat centered. The big advantage I see is with such a wide trailer you could create a walk way along each side of your boat! Hope you are handy...

Watermann

Starmada Splash of the Year 2014
That starboard bunk has to be moved in and flipped upright so it actually supports the hull. The way it is now looks very precarious to me with the bunk flipped on it's side it isn't supporting the hull at all. There should be 2 chines on either side of the center keel strip that you need to adjust for so the bunk isn't on it. I would move that sideways bunk ASAP and would be apprehensive to move it down the road like that.

BTW is that a little Jet?

fetch

fishin98

Chief Petty Officer
Looks like you have a lot of trl for the boat. My advise is to get the boat centered on the trl. Then adjust the bunks inward, purchase either side rollers or side poles to keep it centered when loading. It would not hurt to adjust the boat rear ward. How about a side view of your rig.

lckstckn2smknbrls

Lieutenant Junior Grade
Trailers designed for bigger boats will have heavier suspension giving your boat a ruff ride. You might have to remove a leaf or two from the spring packs.

chead98

Petty Officer 3rd Class
I will try and center the starboard bunk more and hook up some guides if required. Sorry, "little jet", not sure I know what you mean by that. BTW, it rides awesome. Thanks all

chead98

Petty Officer 3rd Class
I have no idea what kind it is. There is nowhere on the boat that this ionfo can be found. It has been ripped off. I would really like to know. Sorry for the late response.