Bunk Location

minuteman62-64

Lieutenant
As you might guess, by my recent posts, I'm doing some trailer tune up. One of my issues is that my tinny has longitudal reinforcing ribs on the bottom - these don't line up well with the current bunk placement. As a result, when my boat is centered, I end up with one bunk supporting a rib and the other supporting the flat part of the hull.

​So, I want to re-locate the bunks so they will fit between the ribs on both sides. Because of trailer structural constraints, it appears I have to move the bunks inward, towards the keel, about 5" on each side.

Attached photo shows existing bunk locations (yes, they are canted - that was an effort to avoid bearing on the ribs - didn't work) and the new locations I'm contemplating - red lines A-A and B-B.

Am I going to have any stability issues with this new placement? Beam at the water line at transom is about 5 feet. Boat weighs about 800 lbs. fully loaded. ​

Tnstratofam

Commander
Your pics didn't show. I've had to adjust my bunks out to try and ride inbetween the strakes otherwise my Starcraft wants to not stay centered on my trailer.

minuteman62-64

Lieutenant
Your pics didn't show. I've had to adjust my bunks out to try and ride inbetween the strakes otherwise my Starcraft wants to not stay centered on my trailer.

​Yeah, that's my issue also. Except I can't move them out - have to move in. Concerned about any potential stabllity issues.

Hmmm. Picture shows when I open post. Had a lot of trouble getting it to post. I'll try again later if it doesn't show up.

redneck joe

Supreme Mariner
Add a second set of bunks? M8ve current in, annd shorter on the ouside of those, at the transom area