Matching trailers with boats, proper weights, need help!

Shabah180

Petty Officer 2nd Class
I have a trailer question, i think im in the right forum! Lol
My shabah 180 is recorded at 2100 lbs, one thing i cannot find out for sure is if that included the original 4.3l 190 and the original alpha drive. So, the ez loader is rated for 2800 lbs or 3100 lbs with bigger rubber.
Its had a motor upgrade to a 5.7l and a bravo 3 outdrive. I haven't taken it thru a scale yet, im honestly scared to drive with it. Only from the dealer home. It seems like the axles can be moved back to give the proper tongue weight. Cause right now i can lift it with my finger.
I think im significantly over weight with this application.
So guess my question is, does the boat weight i googled include motor and outdrive?

Attachments

• photo242339.jpg
    photo242339.jpg
    114 KB · Views: 0

alldodge

Staff member
The 5.7 weights 815 lb
The 4.3 weights 775 lb
Bravo 1 about 150 lb
Alpha 1 Gen 2 about 75 lb

So you have about 90 lb or so more weight, so not to worry.

Also agree you need to move the axle further back to get around 10 % on the tongue. Figure 2200 dry, another 400 for fuel and stuff, then the 90 lb = around 2700

Shabah180

Petty Officer 2nd Class
The 5.7 weights 815 lb
The 4.3 weights 775 lb
Bravo 1 about 150 lb
Alpha 1 Gen 2 about 75 lb

So you have about 90 lb or so more weight, so not to worry.

Also agree you need to move the axle further back to get around 10 % on the tongue. Figure 2200 dry, another 400 for fuel and stuff, then the 90 lb = around 2700

Right on the money my friend! Thanks, ive read dry weight includes the package as sold from factory, includes the motor and outdrive, no fuel. Then ive read the opposite!
Im probably going upgrade the tires moving the capacity to 3100 lbs.

Thanks for the info man!

NYBo

Admiral
Definitely includes the original powertrain so you should be good to go after adjusting for proper tongue weight.

Shabah180

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Definitely includes the original powertrain so you should be good to go after adjusting for proper tongue weight.

Yes those ez loaders are adjustable. Because the frame rails behind the axle are flexing quite a bit. I need to adjust the winch and re locate the stand. Move axles back. Only downfall is having to dismantle the smart tab actuator to allow the boat to pull forward.
A friend i met on here gave me the number to a trailer place in kenora ontario who gives good deals on tandem. For now ill use the ez loader, but soon my upgrade to a tandem. Maybe for piece of mind. The tires are bulging at the bottom quite a bit, it worries me. Haha!

Thanks for taking the time again gentlemen!! Always appreciate input. One day hopefully ill have some answers instead of just questions!!! Haha!

thumpar

Admiral
You could just get a heavy duty axle for the trailer instead of getting a whole new trailer. There are many boats just like mine that sit on single axle trailers with the heavier axle.

alldodge

Staff member
Yes those ez loaders are adjustable. Because the frame rails behind the axle are flexing quite a bit. I need to adjust the winch and re locate the stand. Move axles back. Only downfall is having to dismantle the smart tab actuator to allow the boat to pull forward.
A friend i met on here gave me the number to a trailer place in kenora ontario who gives good deals on tandem. !

There is no reason to move the boat forward nor getting a tandem axle. Move the axle back and don't bother with anything else

Shabah180

Petty Officer 2nd Class
There is no reason to move the boat forward nor getting a tandem axle. Move the axle back and don't bother with anything else

Ok. Im gearin up to do that this morn. Im trying to find the hosting site so i can post a few pictures.
Hopefully it can be done with an iphone. Lol

Shabah180

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Took alldodge's advice, moved my axle back near 11" mark.. Frame rails are straight and i have 150- to 200lbs on the tongue. All went well thank you guys again!!!

alldodge

Staff member
Hey don't forget to replay back with some speed numbers on the bullet you have. My guess is it may just hit 70 mph or get real close.

Shabah180

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Hey don't forget to replay back with some speed numbers on the bullet you have. My guess is it may just hit 70 mph or get real close.

Haha i will, next weekend is the launch. Just starting it made my butt pucker a bit. šŸ˜‚ sounded nice.
He said i need to watch my wot cause you can wind her up to 5000 rpm. 26p on it right now. 4800 is max.