Wobble Roller Wobbles too much

hagcel

Cadet
Hi,

I'm having am issue with one of my wobble rollers. All the wobble rollers wobble back and forth a few inches but one roller in particular wobbles 5 or 6 inches which makes it get stuck in the wrong position when I load the boat. It isn't too hard to reseat the roller properly once the boat is out of the water but I'd love to be able to fix this problem.

There does not appear to be a direct replacement for this roller assembly and I can not for the life of me figure out why this wobble roller wobbles too far.

It's just a nut and bolt holding the assembly on. The bar is 15" long, 1.75"x1.75". The rollers are 3"x4"

Any suggestions on how to fix this wobble roller?

Here are some photos:

IMG_3185.JPG
IMG_3187.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_3187.JPG
    IMG_3187.JPG
    144.7 KB · Views: 0

Maclin

Admiral
If you mean the Left-Right movement, how about trying a spacer on the bottom of the bar in the middle, or on the U bracket it pivots on.

hagcel

Cadet
Yeah the left to right movement. All I see is a nut and bolt (I have yet to take it apart as this just happened last time I loaded the boat) holding the arm to the frame. It doesn't look any different than the other wobble rollers so I can't figure out what controls the amount of left to right movement.

So yes some sort of spacer or shim in between the frame and the bar would probably work. Any suggestions on what to use?

dozerII

Admiral
Can you try to tighten the bolt that the arm pivots on so it can't pivot as easy. If that won't work you could take a piece of cheap plastic cutting board 1/4 or 3/8" thick the same width as the left to right roller mount, slide it through above the pivot bolt and hold it in place to the roller arm with a couple stainless hose clamps that would limit how far left and right it can travel.

Maclin

Admiral
I like DozerII's idea also, if the mount is too stiff to get it to squeeze in then you could use washer(s) as a shim in between the wobble bar and the mounting ears. Getting just the just right small amount of resistance would let it hold position but still be able to move when prodded by the hull.