Short hub, Regular or Other? HELP!

B@itM@ster

Recruit
Hey guys/gals!

I'm new to the forum, but I've trolled around here and there for some time now.

I'm about to acquire my first boat (besides having a raft growing up, lol).

My boss is giving it to me, but I have to get it home before I feel like it's "OFFICIALLY" mine...

Its an older 12' flat bottom aluminum boat on a trailer with flat tires, no taillights and integral style hubs/wheels.

I figured I would convert it over to a 4-lug hub, so I don't have to pull the entire assembly off to change a potential flat tire.

What I know: its a straight spindle 1 1/16" inside and outside bearing, 1 1/4" seal, BUT the spindle "appears" to fall in between a standard size hub and the short hub....

I figured I would ask the experts if it is possible to have something in between and be out of luck as far as converting to lugs?

Or ?

It appears that a short hub is around 3 1/4" and the standard is 4 1/2"? But the hub I took off the trailer is 3 3/4" if I remember correctly.

I have pictures I can upload when I get home from work...And I can verify my measurements, but I don't want to order something I cant use, you know?

brtrains

Cadet
How difficult is it to replace the axle? I have the older tires situation on my trailer and there are no lugs on my tires..