Trailer guide

Rranger

Chief Petty Officer
I have a 22 foot Fibreform with a flying bridge on a older Eze loader trailer. I often fish by myself and have run into trailering issues if the waters a little rough. So I'm thinking of adding trailer guides. If anyone has experience in the pros and cons of guide boards 6 feet or so on each side compared to a couple uprights at the back of the boat I'd appreciate a little direction. Any reason for one over the other or is it just aesthetic choice? Thank you very much.

GA_Boater

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
I built a pair of the long guides because wind blows my boat around and the original single guides on the end of the trailer didn't do much for me. The long ones cradle the hull better and no more crooked boat on a trailer. That's my experience.

gm280

Supreme Mariner
I personally like the side guides myself. And I built some and installed them on my trailer when I was rebuilding the trailer. I had them on other trailers and I like how they help slide the boat into place, even with wind blowing. You can see them in my trailer build link below. Some people don't like them, but certainly do. JMHO!

batman99

Petty Officer 1st Class
I have vertical post guides on my boat. Next time, I'd install the horizontal board guides. But, will take either guide types over nothing. IMO - Trailer guides is better than factory sliced bread.

bruceb58

Supreme Mariner
This is what I have and they work very well.
side%20guides.jpg

GA_Boater

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
I like the boarding ladder built in, Bruce. That's a nice 2-fer!

Rranger

Chief Petty Officer
Thanks for the input guys will go with the side boards and will explore putting a ladder on the side like bruce b58.

JoshOnt

Chief Petty Officer
I can take some close up pictures of how it is constructed if you would like.
That would be great, I am looking to guides for my trailer as well and yours seem to be a pretty good set up.

airshot

Rear Admiral
Well seeing how your loading mostly by yourself why not install both? A couple tall poles at the very end of your trailer and then some side guides to help with the wind. As long as your building....why not add the extras to help with your self loading?

Rranger

Chief Petty Officer
Thanks very much for the pics Bruce. .Mine are jut about done and I will take some pics.

Rranger

Chief Petty Officer
I tried a pic of the attachment but it's black outside will try tomorrow if it clears up.