Ford Escape

Status
Not open for further replies.

JoshOnt

Chief Petty Officer
With the low km's and knowing the background then you are set.
I would not consider 98 000 km low by any means but yes knowing about a bit over half of the life of it makes things nice. I know it was taken care of other than it badly needs new tires. Uncle who is a mechanic is going to install them in 2 weeks when they come in. Along with running a 30 amp line back for my winch.

thetmaxx

Cadet
Sorry to revive an old post, but it absolutely pisses me off when people say to buy a toyota rav 4 or a honda crv over a Ford Escape. I mean in one regard they do have a point, hondas and toyotas run forever and never break nor need maintenance..... right? LOL Ford Escape is a fine car. CAR, I would never recommend towing with one. I'm a Senior Master Ford Transmission, Gas, Diesel, you name it certified tech. ASE as well. My sister, cousin, and several friends all own them and have had minimal problems. The guy talking about cross members rusting in half just lives in the salt belt where all cars rust away. Anyways, long time lurker and first post but don't tell me hondas and toyotas run forever with no problems....

p38fln

Cadet
If you can get an Escape with the new body style and turborcharged 4 cylinders, they tow like beasts. The new styles are actually rated according to the new SAE towing standards instead of the "lets pull a number out of our butt" method.

​We used one to tow a Focus about 500 miles a few years ago - plenty of power, no issues with stopping.

SkaterRace

Senior Chief Petty Officer
If you can get an Escape with the new body style and turborcharged 4 cylinders, they tow like beasts. The new styles are actually rated according to the new SAE towing standards instead of the "lets pull a number out of our butt" method.

​We used one to tow a Focus about 500 miles a few years ago - plenty of power, no issues with stopping.
Looks like he has already bought one, check out post #59.

WIMUSKY

Staff member
Yep, the OP has solved his issue, nothing more to discuss in this Topic........

Bad Pete

Seaman Apprentice
I pull a 17.5 ft Searay with the 4 cyl RAV no problem at all. I wouldn 't do it in the mountains though. Pretty flat around here. It has trailer brakes or I would not try it.

I'm interested in this I have a 2014 Rav 4 and I'm thinking of getting a 15 to 17 foot whaler. LBS without passengers is 1300 to 1800 lbs. With adding brakes to the trailer do you think I'd be ok on a long one way 800 mile flat trip. The 2014 rav 4 (4 cylinder) has a lot of HP 161HP I don't think they make the 6 cylinder anymore. The truck prices are ridiculous

WIMUSKY

Staff member
Welcome to the forum Quagfwl. This topic is considered old "and" dead. Please start your own Topic....

Thanks,
WIMUSKY

Status
Not open for further replies.