Getting boat onto stands

61mysteryboat

Petty Officer 2nd Class
I'm sure there is a link somewhere that will explain how to get my boat on to stands. The boat is a 18 ft. Fiberglass that has been gutted so it isnt too heavy.The boat needs work and I need to send my trailer out to be redone. Figure it would be easier to work on the hull without trailer. Any advice? Thanks

gm280

Supreme Mariner
There are many ways to remove a boat from a trailer. And being a small light empty hull, you can even use over head strap supports with a small home-made frame. And after removing the trailer, you can lower the hull on the ground or a cradle or even some wood supports. Lots of ways. JMHO!

tpenfield

Staff member
The exact technique of removing your boat from the trailer depends on what sort of equipment you have (or can get) to work with and what skill level and assistance you may have.

There is quite a bit of information on the web about folks who have done it, so you could do a search to see a variety of methods and work out a plan that is best for you. I recently took my sailboat off of my trailer, as I had the equipment and facility to do it safely.

The most important thing is to be safe.