I need 4 inch lift

lynnboy021

Chief Petty Officer
I have a trailer that I needed more height so i had under axle springs and I converted to on top of axle... thought I would get the height I was looking for, I did not.... so my question is I need another 4 inch left can I put lift blocks? I will use 2 2 inch blocks to make 4 inch lift, will that work??? The trailer is not a boat trailer is a pop up camper trailer converted to a utility trailer.....

alldodge

Staff member
I have a trailer that I needed more height so i had under axle springs and I converted to on top of axle... thought I would get the height I was looking for, I did not.... so my question is I need another 4 inch left can I put lift blocks? I will use 2 2 inch blocks to make 4 inch lift, will that work??? The trailer is not a boat trailer is a pop up camper trailer converted to a utility trailer.....

This doesn't sound like the right way to go. They have 4 inch lift on trucks but this also has stabilizers used to keep the extra torque off the springs. What size are the axles, springs and bolts, along with do you have any pics?

lynnboy021

Chief Petty Officer
Not sure on the sizes I just got this trailer....no pics yet sorry... I was just thinking of welding up some flat bar with a square tube in the middle and then make the holes for the pins..... I seen it done on Google and the forums, guy said it's been work good for him for years now so I think I will just copy his fix.....

alldodge

Staff member
A lot has to do with amount of load on trailer. the more load the more torque with lifting it up

lynnboy021

Chief Petty Officer
All I want the trailer is to make it a enclosed 6x10 just to carry my tools around... so when the tires was stock the tires would be inside the trailer but I don't want no tire tunnel I just want a flat floor so that's why I need the 4 inch lift....

thumpar

Admiral
How wide is the trailer? If you have the room to stay legal you could get a wider axle.

smokeonthewater

Fleet Admiral
Never never never stack lift blocks...
If you want to raise it the best way would be to space the springs down from the bottom of the trailer (welding likely required)... Putting the tires and fenders outside the trailer box as suggested above would be a better plan but will also require welding as the springs would have to be moved out.

You might look into low profile 8" tires n wheels like what a pontoon trailer uses... Might be low enough.

lckstckn2smknbrls

Lieutenant Junior Grade
Get some of 2x4 steel tube with 3/16" or 1/4" thick wall and longer than the existing leaf spring mounts. Remove the spring mounts from the trailer frame and weld the 2x4 to the trailer frame, add new spring mounts.

smokeonthewater

Fleet Admiral
OR for that matter you could BOLT it to the existing spring mounts and bolt new ones to it... welding would be better but not absolutely needed