Need a Second Bow Eye

H20Rat

Vice Admiral
That trailer looks just a wee bit too small... Your transom is half a mile from the back of the trailer! Maybe the scale is deceiving, but that doesn't look like a 5k pound boat. I'm thinking somewhere close to double that.

For a comparison, this boat (240 sundeck) is 4740 pounds dry, 5550 pounds ready to go.
main.jpg

Last edited:

smokeonthewater

Fleet Admiral
Should be about 10k wet n loaded with the trailer.... Trailer has 6 lug wheels so SHOULD be 5200 lb axles...

I think I'd move the boat forward a bit but it doesn't look terrible to me.

I personally have never been a fan of bunks extending past the trailer frame but at least this one has huge bunks.

bruceb58

Supreme Mariner
The winch stand definitely needs more bracing. My boat that probably weighs half as much as yours has a winch stand that is way more substantial and isn't nearly as tall.

H20Rat

Vice Admiral
I would have never guessed by the pic, but OP was right! (shouldn't have doubted him, it is his boat after all!) Digging around some, going weight on that boat is 5000 to around 6000 pounds with a trailer under it.

smokeonthewater

Fleet Admiral
That's 5000 lbs plus batteries, fluids, fuel, anchor, chain, all gear and accys etc... Not to mention any absorbed moisture..

Likely be quite a bit heavier than he thinks but I think still safe as long as those are 5200 lb axles or better.

FrizFreleng

Seaman
Trailer is a 2004 MagicTilt rated at 10K. 5K torsion axles. Trailer can accommodate a 28' - 30' boat as per the trailer dealership who set up the bunks for me based on my measurements. Weighed the trailer before the trip to Tennessee, around 1600 lbs. Before we left Tennessee weighed the boat and trailer at about 6600 lbs. Tongue weight was 670. I could move the bunks and winch post forward to increase tongue weight but after a 600 mile road test hauling it down to Florida over the mountains I am fairly comfortable. Now that it is extended, re-bracing the post is probably a good idea.

bruceb58

Supreme Mariner
Sure looks like it would be heavier. What brand of boat is that?