Transom saver?

gm280

Supreme Mariner
Obvious this subject is similar to what is the best paint or 2-cycle oil... Everybody has their own ideas and there is no right or wrong way to do things. So if you like motordefloperizer, use them. If not, don't worry about others that do... Easy peasey!

scoutabout

Lieutenant Commander
Not to beat a dead horse or get too technical, but the transom saver connects the outboard motor foot with a point on the back/bottom of the trailer, so it sorta makes a triangle with the transom....and we all know that triangles a good and strong....right guys????

Yep! What do you think I use to hold the trailer up off the road? Hyuk! :p

naturelover

Petty Officer 2nd Class
I throw mine in the back of the pickup on top of one of those $5 life jackets from Wallyworld. No need to worry of transom issues or motor falling off. :)

Richmond2000

Seaman
I use one of those things MORE for I do NOT trust the latch on my 45 YO johnson to hold it up more then the possibly weak transom failing

daveydoodle

Petty Officer 2nd Class
For what its worth I read reviews on most savers several say the Wally one for 30 bucks is best for the money, I got one for my 20hp mariner on alum 14.5. If I was up in 50hp & up Id get a more heavy duty.

staydry

Seaman
Its the dynamic stresses from bouncing that cause the problem.

Yep...my engine pod on my pontoon almost gave way.....lucked out and factory replaced and beefed up but insisted on transom saver from then on which I do..